Saturday, November 8, 2008

Happy Early Birthday Maw Maw Arelee!!!!

Last night the four Suttons, my parents, my Aunt Jane and Uncle Rueben , and Todd, Candace, Connor and Zane helped my Maw Maw Arelee (my mom's mom) celebrate her birthday (which is on Veteran's Day). She will be..........................the young age of 87 on Tuesday. (she has a LONG way to go to catch up with Granddaddy she knows!). Anyway, we went out to eat at a great seafood restaurant called "Red's" (what a name I know) and everyone had some great food (lots of fried food that is not exactly "healthy" but who cares, it's a birthday party!). We went back to my mom and dad's and had some delicious coconut cake (none of us baked it---one of Candace's friends did---it was sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good) and ice cream (Blue Bell of course----for those who know my dad---there is no other ice cream---unless you make it yourself). Connor and Zane did some serious entertaining for the rest of us.....wrestling on the floor, doing tricks on the floor, driving their mom crazy, ....you get the picture....we all enjoyed the show!!! Really, we had fun. I'm sure some of my Maw Maw's other "kids" will do some special things for her as well in the next few days.(not tricks on the floor--more like taking her out to eat) She has my mom and then my Uncle Rueben and 3 other boys. And quite a few grandkids and great grandkids. So she is blessed and we are more than blessed by having her in our lives!! I forgot my camera but mom got some cute pix of all 4 kids with maw maw so I'll steal a picture from her and scan it and show you all soon. (yea, yea, I know, I still owe you pictures of grandpop and halloween too. )

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAW MAW. We love you dearly!!!!!! :) Some people will even be off on your special day---but not us school teachers nor the school kiddies. :( (I know Nanny Sue,
you don't feel sorry for me for not being off! I think you are off on Maw Maw's special day aren't you?)

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Happy Birthday Maw Maw Arlee! She deserves a special celebration for 87 years. Just wait until she's 90. My Aunt Rachel (turned 91 in Oct) says she partied for a month when she turned 90.

Susan said...

Please tell Maw Maw that I'm wishing her a happy birthday. She's so sweet!

And... uh... NO!... I do not feel sorry for you at all. :o)