Saturday, October 18, 2008

ROOT CANALS......a lovely thought!

I know that title makes everyone all excited!!!!
On October 28 I get to have one. Lucky me!!! Just thought I'd share my exciting news.
I really was actually trying to download a cute picture or two (of my two cute gals, not my teeth)
and blogger won't let me. So now I'm letting you know about my mouth woes.
Let me tell you this......and it's a terrible terrible thing to admit...but I have not been to the dentist in quite a while....yes, I have missed a few yearly and semi-yearly checkups. The last dental visit I had was in the year.....are you ready....2000. ok, so I am terrible. And this is why I have to have the root canal...actually the first of two. I had to leave school on Thursday because of some HORRIBLE and I mean HORRIBLE pain I was in due to tooth troubles. The dentist took me in (new dentist for me...nice lady doc named Dr. Amy----love her----I mean as much as one can love a dentist) and took x-rays and gave me the "good" news. Need root canals on both sides of my mouth---2 different teeth (I have been having pain on both sides so this wasn't a surprise). I got pain meds, antibiotics, steriods (not sure why I got those...forgot to ask...i'm just taking them because they were prescribed with the rest) and then I was told the home remedy of lots of tylenol and advil combined that I can take instead of pain meds while at school and in place of the pain killers. So in a little more than a week I'll have the root canal....I"ve had 2 before.....quite a few years back....before kids. Didn't enjoy either of those. But Dr. Amy and her staff assure me they will sedate me well. Anything will be better than the pain I endured recently. I'm okay now......the meds have helped. I actually went back to school on Friday....(not back that day I left...no way) and did fine.

Enough of my woes. I'll bet Susan is enjoying this post tremendously since she LOVES the dentist. :)

I'm sure I'll survive my dental procedures as will my bank account. Not sure when I'll have the second root canal....but I do have to have one after Oct. 28 as well. Again, lucky me.

Moral of this story........don't neglect your teeth.............go regularly for exams.

I would rather go to the ob-gyn any day of the week than go to the dentist. I'd rather birth another child with no pain meds this time than go to the dentist. Did I mention I don't like the dentist? Let's just say I've had some rather unpleasant experiences with dentists as a child.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry for you, and you know I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Hope the procedures go well. Okay, I'm having to go throw up now.

Kelli said...

Oh how I loathe the dentist. It is the absolute worst thing ever for me. I think it goes back to my childhood dentist....who had bad breath...ew.

Kelly said...

Sorry about the root canal. Yikes. I hope to get the password out sometime in the next week or so. Thanks for following along.