Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy 102nd Birthday Granddaddy!!!

Today my wonderful granddad, Mr. Randolph Bennett. turned 102 years young!
We just got in from Hattiesburg, Mississippi where we spent the day with him along with some of my aunts, uncles and cousins (and of course my dad (his proud son) and mom).
I'll post pictures of the birthday boy soon! He cetainly does NOT look his age! It was a beautiful day and we had a GREAT time. Our family is truly truly blessed by Granddaddy. We love him very very much!! He is sharp as a tack and gets around pretty well for someone over a century old. :)

My brother Todd celebrates his birthday tomorrow....he is quite the youngster as he is not quite as old as Grandpop.----It will take him over 60 years to catch up with Granddaddy. :)
Happy Birthday, Todd! And Todd's sweet wife and my wonderful sis-in-law Candace celebrates her birthday this week too on Thursday---so Happy Birthday Candace!!! :) (she's the really young one---compared to the rest of us....barely in her 30's!)

The rest of you October birthday people, Happy birthday and Boo!!!!

Look for pix soon!

p.s. Susan, can you guess how long it took Granddaddy to work his age into conversations at his church today---(that is for the maybe one or two people that didn't already know it was his bday today)----yep......less than 30 seconds.....he's fast....(Susan can attest to the fact that Grandpop can quickly work his age into ANY and every conversation he has....gotta love him for that!)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I think I would work my age into all conversations if I was 102! Wow- your family has some great genes!

Susan said...

What? 30 seconds? What took him so long?! LOL. Happy birthday, Granddaddy. I wish I could have celebrated with y'all.