Saturday, June 14, 2008

To my Granddaddy----Happy Father's Day!!!


This post is just to let everyone know how much I love and adore my "Granddaddy." Most of my friends who know him just call him Granddaddy too. He's only 101----that's right----101!!! Can you believe how good he looks sitting in the recliner at our family picnic in May. (yes, this past May, 2008). Our family is so proud of him--
he's my dad's dad. He has 4 boys and 2 girls, quite a few grandkids (i'm the oldest) and quite a few great-grandkids as well. He lives in south Mississippi and always has. He is sharp as a tack and loves to read. He loves to go out to eat at the "fish camp" as he calls it. Above all he loves his family very very much. I hope that he has a wonderful Father's Day tomorrow. We will call him before he goes to church. I'm quite sure he will have the honor of being the "oldest dad" at the church service....he eats that up!!! My Uncle Robert and Aunt Mary Ann will be going with him to church---he loves to show off his kids---no matter what age they are!!!! I wish everyone could meet him......you'd love him as much as I do. And believe me, even if I hadn't told you how old he is, he would work that into the conversation within the first 2 minutes he talks to you.....
we have to laugh about that!!!! :) (You know I'm telling the truth on that one huh Sue? )
Happy Father's Day to all the granddads out there!!! My mom's dad passed away a little over 20 years ago.....I still miss him very much and wish my girls and hubby could have met him.
Paw Paw Henry, I love you too.

No comments: