Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love my girls!!!!


I had a wonderful Mother's Day today!!! E. made me coffee this a.m. It was so good....and smelled great too! Both E. and Em had made me some cute things at school----and some precious cards that I love. In fact I love that on Em 's special card she had questions she had to complete about her mom and one was "my mom weighs ______ pounds " and my sweet gal put 70 pounds. Gotta love that girl!!!! E. made me a picture frame out of wooden popsicle sticks.


Em gave me a special plant she grew at school (sweet basil she says it is). Em decorated a pretty lunch bag for me with pictures of us and hearts all over it and "happy mother's day" and "I love you, mom" written on it. Her teacher also took a picture of each of them and then let them glue it on the O in MOM which was written in big block letters on construction paper for the kids and they colored the letters and the teacher laminated it for the moms. (Way to go Ms. H.---you rock!)---oh and she put magnets on the back of it too. :) I also got a new workout outfit that looks really nice. (I've decided to start exercising a lot more now at the healthclub---this is in addition to doing yoga). For lunch we went to a restuarant called Zea.---it had such good food---it was the first time we had been there and all 4 of us LOVED everything we got. And the service was wonderful and the atmosphere was terrific. And before we left, our waiter gave me a 10 gift card for Mother's Day. How nice was that!! We'll be back!


Then we went to see the High School Musical Ice Show-----and it was FANTASTIC. Even dad liked it. The girls were grinning the whole time. They didn't want me to sing along and didn't want me to clap to the beat too much--- I told them I wouldn't sing but I had to be able to clap since it was MY day! The performers were excellent. I am a huge HSM fan as are the girls. It was just the best afternoon. I enjoyed it immensely. :) Seeing the girls so happy makes me so happy. This was just the perfect day for me. Of course tonight I've had to do laundry so the girls would have uniforms for school tomorrow, but it all has to end sometime doesn't it. And that's what moms do!!! I am truly blessed with 2 beautiful, adorable (Em hates when I use that word) and a teeny weeny bit spoiled ---okay, spoiled rotten girls. I love them both more and more every singe day of our lives.




Happy Mother's Day to my mom, my Maw Maw Arelee and to all the other "moms" in my life!!!!


I love you all.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Spoiled rotten or not, those two girls of yours are just the best. So happy your special day was... well... special. Sounds like everybody had fun. Wish we lived closer.

Happy Mother's Day (a day late) from Petunia and me!

Kelli said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! I will have to add you to my blogroll so I can stay udated! Your girls are beautiful...and I loved the 70 lb. guess! I will have to send Em a picture and ask her for a guess on my weight when I need a pick-me-up! Even is she were only 10-20 pounds shy I would be thrilled!