Saturday, May 24, 2008

Almost time to sail.....counting down the hours!!!

Hi all!! Well, we've made it to Cape Canaveral.....as of 2:00 today and we are at the hotel right near Port Canaveral where tomorrow a.m. we will get on the shuttle at 10:30 to head over to the big mickey mouse boat. (the port is maybe one minute away from here).....We have had a good trip so far....stayed in Tallahassee last night--the girls enjoyed swimming. Before we made it to Tallahassee we stopped in Mobile, AL and visited the USS Alabama Battleship. I hadn't been on that ship since I was a youngster myself. The girls enjoyed it a lot. The hotel we are at tonight has a "kids area" in the room---a sectioned off part of the room with a bunk bed and a twin bed and a little t.v with a dvd player---the girls just love it. Then there is a table and microwave and fridge and then of course a bed for steven and myself to share (or he said he could have the whole bed to himself if I want to sleep in the "girls' room" (he's so funny isn't he????? ) The girls think the hotel room is just the best ever. I told them just wait until you get on the cruise ship. They are some kind of wound up right now.
I hope the swim they just took (I joined them and got in the hot tub too) will make them sleepy sleepy. Em did just drink a cup of coffee though....she thought she had to have one when I drank some in the room.....but caffeine usually doesn't phase that child. Todd, Candace, Connor and Zane (my brother and his family) made it to DisneyWorld today (according to my mom) and they will be there while we are cruising. So the Suttons and the Bennetts will be totally Mickey Moused out by next Sunday. :)
Well, I had better get up to the room. I'm in the "business room" at the hotel and I am being "courteous" and only staying 15 minutes like they asked. Just wanted to blog a little since I know I won't on the ship....number one....it will probably cost money.....number 2....i'll be too busy having loads of fun to stop.
Thanks for the well wishes on our trip---------it's going to be a fun fun fun one!!!!

No comments: