Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Awards, Last Day of School, and a Dill Pickle

E and Em had their Awards program at school on Monday. Em (grade 1) received the A-B Honor Roll for the whole year Certificate and a Medal to go around her neck---which she says she is wearing on the cruise as well. E. received two 4-H certificates and Most Improved in Math Award from her fav teacher Ms. Steed. We were quite proud of them both. It's hard to believe that my little ones will be in 5th grade and 2nd grade next school year. I don't know how they get older and I don't.

Today is Em's last day of school (E's was yesterday)---actually Em is supposed to go a half day tomorrow but we are "skipping." Em wanted to go today because it is "movie day" and they could bring 2 beach towels or a big blanket (she opted for the blanket---High school musical one) and lay on that in the cafeteria while eating popcorn, drinking a coke and eating a giant dill pickle (hence the last part of the title of this post). She was most fired up about the pickle. If only everyone could be so easily fired up........! Anyway, E. and I are home doing laundry in preparation for our upcoming "holiday"---see I say the vacation Sue.

E wants to use the computer so I guess I'll go for now. (and I'll be doing laundry solo i suppose)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh, I am so jealous of your girls! We still have 10 days left....10 too many!