Sunday, December 28, 2008

When the Saints Go Marching In.........

Today Steven and I went down to the Big Easy to see the Saints play the Carolina Panthers.
His work chartered a bus and paid for tickets for employees and their spouses to go. It was my first time to actually go to a NFL game! (but not my first time in the SuperDome)., I forgot to bring my camera so I don't have any pics to show (I did take a couple on my cell phone but I have no idea had to get them on here). We had a GREAT time! But unfortunately our Saints lost, 33 - 31. It was a great game--especially in the 4th quarter. We thought we were going to pull it out and win. But the Panthers kicked a field goal in the last 6 seconds. Boo!!!

At least when we left the Dome, the bus was waiting for us and we didn't have to fight the traffic ourselves. Steven and I got a nap on the hour and half ride home. (I know anyone who knows Steven is certainly not surprised that he napped--my man LOVES to snooze, but it was raining and it was good snoozing weather for me too. I hope neither of us snored.)

The girls stayed last night and tonight with my mom and dad. So Steven and I have had good date nights (and days). I'll get the girls tomorrow a.m. and we are meeting some friends to go see Marley and Me---I heard it was so cute and good. Steven is off all this week so maybe we'll let him come too. (if we can get him away from the Wii or his naps).

I am so glad we are off next week. :) See why I love being a teacher! (I know Susan, you would like to slap the smile off my face...I mean computer.)

Now, back to taking down the Christmas stuff--such fun!

No comments: