Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Nanny's doing fine

Hi! Made it to Nashville---had a good flight. Had to say good bye at the N.O. airport to 2 sad little gals.....(even though they had each gotten a book at the airport bookstore).

Susan's surgery went very well yesterday.....no problems (except that it got started much later than anticipated----we were there at the surgery center for 10:30 and the surgery didn't start until 2:30----another patient had some unexpected complications apparently). Anyway, the doc said all went fine and he got the calcium deposit out and a bone spur and took care of repairing what needed to be repaired on the heel and tendon. (OUCH!!) Susan has of course been a little "dopey" since then and i keep her on the pain meds regularly (like the doctor said) so she hasn't been hurting YET. She says I'm being a good nurse----I'm happy to be here for her. :)
We've been getting some good chat time in also in between her naps......it's funny because we'll be chatting away and then I'll be asking her a question or waiting for her to comment on something and she doesn't and then I'll know....yep, she's asleep. Then I either just watch t.v., read a bood she's gotten me interested in (the Janet Evanovich series) or do some domestic thing like some laundry or something (notice that's last on the list.....but hey, I do it.)
We are keeping the foot iced 20 minutes of every hour like the doc and nurse said.

Petunia comes home today....I finally get to see her (haven't seen her since Christmas time)--
she's been staying at Jen's house the past 2 nights while Susan's been getting ready and then having surgery. But the cutie pie is with us tonight and thereafter. :)

Let me run for now. Just wanted everyone to know the patient is doing well and the surgery was successful.....she'll be laid up at least 2 weeks maybe 3. My "shift" as Nurse Sutton ends on Sunday and brother Kip and family relieve me.

Thanks to everyone for saying prayers and thinking about her.

Oh, for some strange reason Nanny doesn't want me to post a post-op picture of her---wonder why????

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Glad all went well. Enjoy your time together (and with Petunia)!

Mab said...

Thanks Kelli---from Susan and me!
Arlene

Sherri said...

Arlene thanks for the update. I was going to call today and I hated the thought of waking her. Give her a big hug from Grace and me. Tell her to call me if she needs me and I will be there in no time. Email me a post op pic. sherripuckett@earthlink.net