Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Birthday Pictures----better late than never!!







Two happy gals!!!








I finally got hubby to download pictures from E's 10th birthday party---her birthday was July 2 and the party was June 27----so only a few weeks late. She had the party at Celebration Station and had about 12 friends and cousins there to help her celebrate. She got lots of great gifts---including a cute webkinz frog from Julia which she has in one of the photos. They played arcade games, ate pizza, had cake (how do you like her cake---she and her mom made it together---an idea we found on the internet--it's a "present cake"---we thought it came out so cute!) and ice cream, played more games, rode go-carts (until it rained unfortunately) and rode a few kiddie rides (the younger ones liked those more---the big kids liked the go-carts). Bottom-line was everyone had fun, especially the bday girl!!!! The 2 boys in the pictures are her cousins Connor and Zane (my brother's kids)---they were the only boys there (well, Julia's brother Reese was there but he couldn't play games---he's only 9 months old). I thought we took more pictures (and there are more than I have on here) but most of them are not turned the right way to post and I don't know how to fix them the right way (yet) so you just get these for now.
I'm counting down the days until I get to fly out to see Susan and Petunia in Tennessee.
I leave on Monday afternoon from New Orleans and I'll be there a week. I'll be helping Susan after she has surgery on her foot--taking care of both she and Petunia......:) Looking so forward to seeing them both!!!! My girls sure would like to see them too but we figure Nanny Sue wouldn't be that much fun this trip since she is going to be out of commission so the girls are just going to stay at maw maw and paw paw's for a few days and of course Dad will have them some as well.
Em has lost 2 teeth in 3 days.....yes the girl is rich from the tooth fairy. All she wants for Christmas (in addition to a Wii, games for that, a camera, and a big screen t.v. for the whole family) is her two front teeth! I'll be taking photos soon of the toothless gal!!! She is adorable!!
Her daddy can't help but laugh every time she smiles!!! And E and E outsmarted the tooth fairy---the first night the tooth fairy took em's tooth and left her some cash----then 2 nights later the tooth fairy left money for the next tooth but forgot to pick up the tooth from under the pillow. So em and E. decide to put it under E's pillow and Em sleeps in E's room that night with E. and low and behold, the tooth fairy left 4 dollars under E's pillow for that tooth (which she DID take this time). They were so amazed. They were bummed she took it that time. So when I say em is rich, I mean it. I think her total off of 2 teeth (she and E split the 4 dollars) is 13 dollars.
She's ready to lose more.
In other news both girls picked out book bags for school. They said "now I can't wait to go back to school." If only buying a new bag made ME feel that ready to go back to school.
I start back officially on August 6. Kids come August 8. I know all of you who are not teachers do not feel sorry for me at all (Susan, I am talking to you! : ) )
Bye for now.





2 comments:

Susan said...

LOVE seeing the bday photos! Looks like everybody had big fun. There's an old photo of me when I was about E's age that really reminds me of E. I don't know if it's at my house or not, but I'd love to find it and show it to y'all. I really think there'd be a nice resemblance. Crazy!

Petunia and I are very excited about you coming. You mentioned that I may not be "that much fun" after my surgery. I might surprise you on that one. I've got a presecription for Percacet just waiting to be filled! Having said that, we're going to pretend my house is Vegas for a while. Whatever happens there, stays there. Got it? In order to ensure your silence, I'll give you sole possession of the remote control while you're here. :o)

Looks like the Tooth Fairy had to learn her lesson the hard way. She got gypped! All I can say for the girls, though, is "good for you!"

Boy, I remember the days when getting new book bags and/or school supplies just made you SO ready for school to start. I also remember the let down after the first week or two. That's when you started counting down the days until fall break! Glad to hear E and Em are fired up, and I hope they stay that way throughout the entire school year. I hope it for you, too, but I'm not going to hold my breath that it's going to happen. (hee-hee)

We can't wait to see you. Only four more days!!

Kelli said...

Looks like a fun party and I love the cake!

Please send that tooth fairy to MY house!