Sunday, March 8, 2009

Now why do we call the "slumber" parties???

Friday night Emily had her first official slumber party to celebrate her soon-to-be turning of 8. (Her bday is Wed, March 11). She said it was the best birthday party EVER. (a high compliment because the gal has had some GREAT bday parties). I am so glad and it was worth it..................but slumber was not in these gals vocabulary. At least not until close to 3 a.m.---------yes, you read correctly 3, THREE, 3:00. One gal was asleep before midnight, one at 1 a.m., and the rest did not think of closing their eyeballs until at least 2:30 a.m.--------therefore my eyes did not shut until after 3. Momma was (and still is) TIRED. And then they were up around 7, 7:30 the latest. And I was then fixing pancakes and waffles.
Pick up for the girls was 10 a.m. and they were all gone by 10:15. So the Sutton household was snooze city for most of the afternoon on Saturday. What a weekend to lose an hour huh?? No picture of course right now......you people know I never download immedidately after an event.................I have to save something for later. Plus, I'm sleepy. All is all though, I'd let her do it again...........just not this coming weekend, which is what she asked me yesterday after everyone left...."can I do this every weekend---just without the presents?" Good try Em!

More later about the actual fun at the "slumber" (what a name----i just keep laughing to myself about that name---never before have I thought it was so funny---in a delirious sort of way) party!

I'm not even rereading this post..........of course, I might be the only one even reading it anyway----well, except maybe Kelli is and Nanny and Sybil might too----
:) Excuse any typo-s.

I think I might try and catch some more zzzzzzz's.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Aw, man, I could have totally ROCKED the slumber party! Petunia has shown me that it is indeed unnecessary to actually sleep when the moon is high. Those girls would have been BEGGING me to sleep. :-)

Glad Miss Em had a great party. Hope you get rested up over the next day or so. You're such a great mom!

Sherri said...

I am worn out just reading this post! I remember the time I had the great idea to have a lock-in for the 4th grade girls I taught at church. No sleep. I am going to be sooooo old when Grace has sleep overs...........

Happy Birthday to Em!!!!

Kelli said...

Yikes, that sounds rough! And I thought Aiden staying up until 11 was bad! Since today is the actual big day...Happy Birthday Em!

Dusty Brown said...

Do you remember how often my mom and dad let Dinky and me have slumber parties?!?! I can't believe it now, looking back, as a parent myself! I don't know if they did that with Sis and Gin, but we must have run them ragged having slumber parties.